The people who will hurt you the most are the people you loved the most. That hurt from close people, from people you never expected to sting you, hurts like no other. If you have been there, you know that kind of hurt can leave you too weak to talk.
Have you ever been hurt that way and thought you would never get back up again? Or maybe you are currently experiencing this kind of hurt?
Don’t worry, everything gets better with time.
Maybe a friend walked away, a contract fell through, you had a setback in your family. Now it is not as easy as it used to be. It is because you are about to step into a new dimension. You were blessed, life was good, but God has so much more, He had to move that person out of your life, and not because they are not good, but because they are limiting you, they don’t love you the way need to be loved. They can’t go where you are going.
God had to close that door so He can bring someone into your life that will love you correctly, and not break you. Someone that you will grow with, and help push each other into your destiny.
Maybe it is not love that broke you, this article still has some for you. I know hearts can be broken by so many, many, things!
I gathered fifty-five, plus one bonus quote from these celebs to help bring you back on the right track, transform, and lead you to growth. Get ready for the transformation and the growth you deserve, I know you won’t remain the same after reading these.
Powerful heartbreak quotes to soothe a broken heart
1. Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings new opportunities.
– Patti Roberts
2. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
– Marilyn Monroe
3. Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.
– Steve Maraboli
4. Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.
– Tin Man, Wizard of OZ
5. The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night’s sleep.
– Margaret George
6. In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: it goes on.
– Robert Frost
7. It is strange how often a heart must be broken before the years can make it wise.
– Sara Teasdale
Nobody wants to believe the fact that our hearts were designed to be broken. They are so fragile, and you know that fragile things break into pieces easily. You will try to handle it with care, but best believe one day it will break. Since that is natural, we cannot avoid but we have to learn strategies on how to heal and keep on moving with no regret.
8. The heart was made to be broken.
– Oscar Wilde
9. Only time can heal your broken heart. Just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.
– Miss Piggy
10. The broken heart. You think you will die, but you just keep living, day after day after terrible day.
– Charles Dickens
11. You are not lost. You here. Stop abandoning yourself. Stop repeating this myth about love and success that will land in your lap or evade you forever. Build a humble, flawed life from the rubble, and cherish that. There is nothing more glorious on the face of the earth than someone who refuses to give up, who refuses to give in to their most self-hating, discouraged, disillusioned self, and instead learns, slowly and painfully, how to relish the feeling of building a hut in the middle of suffocating dust.
– Heather Havrilesky
12. The greatest tragedy of life is not that men perish, but that they cease to love.
– W. Somerset Maugham
13. Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake, help us see we are worth so much more than we are settling for.
– Mandy Hale
14. Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.
– Stephen King
15. Nothing helps a broken heart like having someone wonderful give you theirs.
– Rita Straddling
16. Perhaps someday I will crawl back home, broken, defeated. But not as long as can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.
– Sylvia Plath
17. In reality, in love there is a permanent suffering which joy neutralizes, renders virtual delays, but which can make at any moment become what it would have become long earlier if one had not obligated what one wanted – atrocious.
– Marcel Proust
18. Sadness flies away on the wings of time.
– Jean De La Fontaine
19. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
– Oprah Winfrey
20. You find what you are made of when you have a broken heart. If it happens early and often, all the better.
– Isabel Gillies
50 Best Inspiring Never Give Up Quotes
21. Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret.
– Laura Kasichke
22. We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
– Joseph Campbell
23. Human hearts are elastic. They have room for all sorts of passions, and they can break and heal and love again and again.
– Jodi Lynn Anderson
24. You are responsible for your life. You cannot keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.
– Oprah Winfrey
25. Every day is a new day, and you will never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.
– Carrie Underwood
26. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
– Kahlil Gibran
27. Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.
– Mineko Iwasaki
28. Our hearts will be broken a thousand times ever, but who is to say that our hearts were ever perfect, to begin with? Maybe they can withstand a few cracks. After all, the way that we love is not perfect. We love things to a such incomprehensible depth that these things become worn in. Wouldn’t the most beautiful thing in the world be a heart that has been through all of the wear and tear, as worn in as your favorite sweater that both keeps your warm and grants you a smile in return? That’s the kind of heart that I want. Bruises make for beautiful color after all.
– Elizabeth Brooks
29. Patience is key for getting over a breakup. That, and trailing off your interaction after the breakup.
– Drizzy Drake
30. Don’t ever break someone’s heart, because they only have one. Break their bones, they have 206 of them.
– Jayy Van Monroe
31. You only struggle because you are ready to grow but are not willing to let go.
– Drew Gerald
32. Love is the hardest drug to quit, but it is even harder when it is taken away.
33. Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
– Guy Finley
34. You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive.
– James Baldwin
35. The road to healing the broken heart has steep hills and hairpin curves. The struggles of life may challenge us, but like prodigal sons and daughters, we must never forget. We can come home. We can come home to love.
– Kirk Laman
36. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.
– Herman Hesse
The following quote #37 speaks volume. It tells us that you are not alone. What you are feeling current, someone somewhere is going through the same thing, or they already did. Remain strong and determined.
37. Have you ever been in love? Horrible, isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest, and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build all these defenses, you build a whole suit of armor so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life.. You give them a piece of you. They didn’t ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you and then your life isn’t your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness. So simple a phrase like, “We should be like friends” turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It’s a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.
– Neil Gaiman
38. You left with my soul in your fists and my heart in your teeth, and I don’t want either of them back.
– Colleen Hoover
39. You are leaving me. Then go in peace. And let your wish alone be a lamp to light your path. And find tranquility wherever you be.
– Chaim Nachman Bialik
40. When you are heartbroken because of a loved one, it is okay to feel it. Life gives you many chances for each tear you shed. Just take some time.
– Krishna Vadlamudi
41. Let’s face it, when you are heartbroken you do not make the best decisions, and the decisions you make now will affect the rest of your healing journey.
– Tatiana Jerome
42. It isn’t enough for your heart to break because everybody’s heart is broken now.
– Allen Ginsberg
43. I know my heart will never be the same but I’m telling myself I will be okay.
– Sara Evans
44. Love will come to you when it is ready, not necessarily when you are.
– Danielle Shorr
A broken heart hurts like fckkk, yes it hurts a lot, but through the pain, we gain so much knowledge we wouldn’t know exists if not for the pain we feel by having a broken heart. When you master how to create beauty from all the sadness a broken heart brings, you will be a different person in the same flesh.
45. Having a broken heart changes you. Healing a broken heart changes you more.
– Michael Kane
46. It is a curious sensation. The sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned. Nothing matters anymore. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace.
– George Bernard Shaw
47. Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.
– Deborah Reber
48. I may be broken but my spirit was still intact.
– Viola Solaro
49. It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage that we move on to better things.
– Theodore Roosevelt
50. Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not your right to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
– Leo Buscaglia
51. If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart, if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.
– C. Joybell
52. The heart is where your decision should come from, but how can you rely on a broken heart? If the game piece is broken, the game stops, and does your enthusiasm and lust to be alive.
– Josh Himmelman
53. A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when you the real thing comes along.
– J. S. B Morse
54. There are all kinds of ways for a relationship to be tested, even broken, some, irrevocably; it’s the endings we are unprepared for.
– Katherine Owen
55. If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down.
– Amit Ray
A bonus quote, maybe this would be the one for you.
56. Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you’d been before the fall.
– Jodi Picoult
The past only serves as a teacher, it is meant to be learned from not lived in. Know when to let go and move on, because when you change how you use to think, you can change how you use to live.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will start to change. You must think about what you are thinking about. If it’s not positive or happy, refuse to think about it. Happiness comes from your happenings.
Live, love, laugh, and appreciate life. Heartbreaks were never easy, but if truth be told, you are responsible for your happiness. Happiness comes from self-love. Start loving yourself unapologetically, that is one step to healing and transformation.
Have a wonderful day 🙂